Chewy yeast-raised flat bread is a snap to make in a bread machine. Serve naan with your favorite Indian dish to soak up the curry and sauces.—Shannon Ventresca, Middleboro, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 1/4-in. thick oval. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush tops with water. In a greased large skillet, cover and cook dough, wet side down, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn dough; cover and cook for 30 seconds longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bread Machine Naan in Country Woman August/September 2012, p45
Reviews for Bread Machine Naan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review