- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 1/4-in. thick oval. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush tops with water. In a greased large skillet, cover and cook dough, wet side down, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn dough; cover and cook for 30 seconds longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bread Machine Naan
"I made this to go with a curry dish my family was having, and thought it was great. I used my mixer rather than bread machine, and used sour cream as I didn't have any yogurt. This is a fantastic recipe. It has that chewy texture that I haven't been able to get from other naan recipes. Brushing with garlic butter takes this over the top!"
"Very good. The recipe does not say what to grease the large skillet with though--vegetable oil, olive oil, butter? I used butter flavored olive oil and it came out very delicious."
"Great recipe! I agree with the other review and will sprinkle kosher salt when they are done."
"This recipe was actually fabulous! I did add 4 tablespoons to the machine after four minutes in the dough cycle. It turned out very attractive and delish. However, I will sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt after cooking the next time I make this."