Bread Machine Multigrain Bread Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup seven-grain cereal
- 1/3 cup flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 148 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Bread Machine Multigrain Bread