Bread Machine Dinner Rolls Recipe
While looking through my bread recipes one day, I happened upon this one and decided to give it a try. I offered one to my dad and ever since then, he's raved about how much he loves them. He even offers samples to friends and family. —Becky
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons water
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls. Roll each into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under.
- Place 1-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bread Machine Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p36
Reviews for Bread Machine Dinner Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review