- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons water
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls. Roll each into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under.
- Place 1-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
"Made these rolls last night for dinner today. They were amazing soft and fluffy. I highly recommend them."
"These were absolutely delicious! I will be making these again and again (and again)! Thank you Taste of Home for always having the best recipes... and thanks to Becky for sharing! YUM"