Bread Machine Crescent Rolls Recipe
Leftover mashed potatoes never last long around our house...I simply turn them into these easy-to-make crescent rolls!
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- Additional butter, melted
- 1. In a bread machine, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- 3. Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise for 20-25 minutes or until doubled.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm rolls with melted butter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 slice (calculated without additional butter) equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC