This bread bowl will make any bowl of soup extra special. Serve it on a cool winter day.Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- Cut loaf into three equal portions; form each into a ball. Place 4
- in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap that
- has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 2-3 hours. Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 25
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut the top fourth off each
- loaf; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving 1/2-in. shell.
- (Discard bread from inside or save to make croutons or bread
- crumbs.) Fill with soup, dip or salsa. Replace top if desired.
- Yield: 3 medium bowls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 444 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 863 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.