Bread Bowl Seafood Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, crab, 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
- 2. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 3. Spoon seafood mixture into bread shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Unwrap; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 203 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Bread Bowl Seafood Dip
"Everyone loves this dip and it is fantastic for holidays, a party or anytime. Sourdough, rye, pumpernickel...I've used it all with rave reviews all around. You can even make the dip ahead of time & refrigerate it till you're ready to use it. I use freshly cooked shrimp and add a good amount of Old Bay seasoning. My Xmas eve appetizer parties aren't complete without it. Yummy! Terry, you're my hero!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.