Bread Bowl Seafood Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, crab, 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
- 2. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 3. Spoon seafood mixture into bread shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Unwrap; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 203 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Bread Bowl Seafood Dip
"Everyone loves this dip and it is fantastic for holidays, a party or anytime. Sourdough, rye, pumpernickel...I've used it all with rave reviews all around. You can even make the dip ahead of time & refrigerate it till you're ready to use it. I use freshly cooked shrimp and add a good amount of Old Bay seasoning. My Xmas eve appetizer parties aren't complete without it. Yummy! Terry, you're my hero!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.