"Every Christmas Eve, our family has a special hors d’oeuvre supper and this seafood-stuffed dip is a much-requested staple," says Terry Flewelling of Lacombe, Alberta. "I got the recipe from a friend, who made it for my daughter’s wedding shower. It’s so rich, elegant and creamy—and a huge hit at parties any time of year at all!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, crab, 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- Spoon seafood mixture into bread shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Unwrap; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Bread Bowl Seafood Dip in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bread Bowl Seafood Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review