- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; set top aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the process cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in the ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, toss reserved bread cubes with oil and butter. Place on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unwrap loaf and remove bread top; stir filling. Serve with vegetables and toasted bread cubes. Yield: 5 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bread Bowl Fondue(2)
Sort By :
This has become my daughter's favorite dip. I put ingredients in bowl and microwave 2 minutes at a time (stir) until melted and then put in hollowed out Hawaiian bread bowl. I cut up Hawaiian rolls into cubes for dipping, but anything is good in this dip. I did add more Velveeta. You don't have to be real accurate on amounts. I do it a little different each time, and it's always good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >