Bread Bowl Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 12 hard rolls (about 4-1/2 inches), optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, chili powder and jalapeno. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Serve in soup bowls or if desired, cut the top fourth off of each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread. Spoon chili into bread bowls. Serve with cubed bread,
- 3. shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 292 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Bread Bowl Chili
"Easy & yummy! We skipped the bread part and served with corn muffins. Delicious!~ Theresa"
"i love to add corn to my chili. it revs up the vegitable factor. fresh off the cob is best but canned or frozen works well too."