"This dip is a favorite at potlucks and picnics," says Melissa Cook of Chico, California. "Although it's terrific as an appetizer, we often turn the creamy mixture into a sandwich by spreading it on slices of crusty baguettes."
- 1-3/4 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound deli pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve dip, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Save top and removed bread for another use.) Fill shell with dip. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 6 cups dip.
Originally published as Bread Bowl Appetizer in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p37
Reviews for Bread Bowl Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review