Brazil Nut Meringues
These crisp meringues simply melt in your mouth. No one would guess that a mere four ingredients could create such a fantastic treat!
—Margaret Reinhardt, Muskego, Wisconsin
42 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups Brazil nuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Using the slicing blade of a food processor, slice Brazil nuts; set
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is
- dissolved, about 6 minutes. Gently fold in nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the
- touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 43 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.