Brazil Nut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 104 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Brazil Nut Cookies
"I tried these the other day. what a hit. everyone loved them. In my oven, I only needed 8 minutes and the bottoms were lightly browned.Yum"
"The Brazil nuts are a nice touch, but I'd add some flavor. Also I am wondering what kind of oven you're using. After trial and error I found that at 350 degrees F the cookies needed at least 22 minutes in the oven to come out crunchy."
"Unusual and delicious. I made a variety of cookies, and of the lot these were the first gone."