Brazil Nut Cookies
Brazil nuts may be an unusual ingredient for a cookie recipe, but the flavor is absolutely outstanding. The recipe from my mother for these rich buttery cookies goes back more than 70 years.
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 104 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.