Bravo Italian Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1. Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Rinse eggplant; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl; add pasta sauce and toss to coat. Spoon over chicken; top with remaining cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 397 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 8g fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Bravo Italian Chicken
"Everyone liked this dish. I didn't change a thing but I do think I will let the eggplants drain longer. Next time I will add a little grated parmesan cheese to the dish."
"Super easy and huge hit. Made for my parents last night and I was told I could make next week!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.