Braunschweiger Snowball Recipe
Even folks who normally don't care for braunschweiger can't seem to resist this creamy spread. Topped with red and green peppers, it's a natural for holiday entertaining. Sometimes I like to form a "wreath" of fresh parsley around it.
- 1 pound braunschweiger
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper and/or green pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until blended. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap; using plastic wrap, shape mixture into a large ball. Transfer to a serving plate; refrigerate.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Remove plastic wrap from braunschweiger ball; spread with topping. Sprinkle with chopped pepper. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 ball (5 cups).
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC