Even folks who normally don't care for braunschweiger can't seem to resist this creamy spread. Topped with red and green peppers, it's a natural for holiday entertaining. Sometimes I like to form a "wreath" of fresh parsley around it.
- 1 pound braunschweiger
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper and/or green pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until blended. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap; using plastic wrap, shape mixture into a large ball. Transfer to a serving plate; refrigerate.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Remove plastic wrap from braunschweiger ball; spread with topping. Sprinkle with chopped pepper. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 ball (5 cups).
Originally published as Braunschweiger Snowball in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p24
Reviews for Braunschweiger Snowball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"I have made this cheeseball for many years...one of my favorites."