Braunschweiger Snowball Recipe
Even folks who normally don't care for braunschweiger can't seem to resist this creamy spread. Topped with red and green peppers, it's a natural for holiday entertaining. Sometimes I like to form a "wreath" of fresh parsley around it.
- 1 pound braunschweiger
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper and/or green pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until blended. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap; using plastic wrap, shape mixture into a large ball. Transfer to a serving plate; refrigerate.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Remove plastic wrap from braunschweiger ball; spread with topping. Sprinkle with chopped pepper. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 ball (5 cups).
Originally published as Braunschweiger Snowball in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p24
Reviews for Braunschweiger Snowball(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
I have made this cheeseball for many years...one of my favorites.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >