Bratwurst Supper Recipe
This meal-in-one grills to perfection in a heavy-duty foil bag and is ideal for camping. Loaded with chunks of bratwurst, red potatoes, mushrooms and carrots, it's easy to season with onion soup mix and a little soy sauce. —Janice Meyer Medford, Wisconsin
- 3 pounds uncooked bratwurst links
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For each of two foil packets, arrange a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17x15 in.) on a flat surface.
- 2. Cut brats into thirds. Divide the brats, potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms evenly between the two double-layer foil pieces. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with soup mix, soy sauce and pepper. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming two large packets. Seal tightly; turn to coat.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 23-28 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC