This meal-in-one grills to perfection in a heavy-duty foil bag and is ideal for camping. Loaded with chunks of bratwurst, red potatoes, mushrooms and carrots, it's easy to season with onion soup mix and a little soy sauce.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 45 min.
- 3 pounds uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For each of two foil packets, arrange a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 15 in.) on a flat surface.
- Cut brats into thirds. Divide the brats, potatoes, carrots, onion and
- mushrooms evenly between the two double-layer foil pieces. Dot with
- butter. Sprinkle with soup mix, soy sauce and pepper. Bring edges of
- foil together; crimp to seal, forming two large packets. Seal
- tightly; turn to coat.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 23-28 minutes on each side or
- until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. Yield: 12
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as