Bratwurst Stew Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, celery, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and bratwurst; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 917mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Bratwurst Stew
"Very tasty stew. Even better the next day.Would make it again and again!!!"
"This was very easy to fix, my husband is not a soup eater and he thought it was "out of this world" I changed the meat, I used Kielbalsa sausage and it turned out wonderful!! The recipe serves 8 I took half of the soup and froze it and fixed it a week later, I thought it was even better the second time. Thank you for your recipe, I will make this many, many more times."