Bratwurst Potato Skillet Recipe
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Brats or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced chives, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly; cut into cubes and keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the wine, thyme and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove sausage; keep warm.
- 3. Stir in the sugar, mustard, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, 1-1/2 teaspoons chives, vinegar, salt and pepper into pan juices; heat through.
- 4. Whisk a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sausage and potatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 527 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 1,035 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.