My husband's grandmother came from Germany, so I was inspired to keep the German cooking traditions going in our family. This skillet dinner is one of the dishes she made. —Lucy Bradshaw New Bern, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes; cover and cook for 6 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bratwurst, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, basil, salt and pepper; add to the skillet. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are evenly coated. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bratwurst Potato Skillet in Reminisce September/October 2004, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bratwurst Potato Skillet for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review