- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes; cover and cook for 6 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bratwurst, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, basil, salt and pepper; add to the skillet. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are evenly coated. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bratwurst Potato Skillet for Two
"Made this recipe many years ago. So glad we fund it again. We prefer smoked sausage instead of the bratwurst in this one. Always have to double it, and there's never any leftovers!"
"Next time I will brown the potatoes longer. It came out very tasty."
"This was okay -- the flavor was something different with the soy sauce and orange juice. We liked it all right, but I don't think I'd make it again."
"Yum! Excellent recipe for two people. I used worky sauce instead of the soy, though."
"It is quick and easy. My husband loved it. I will make one change mushrooms instead of the green pepper"