- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes; cover and cook for 6 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bratwurst, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, basil, salt and pepper; add to the skillet. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are evenly coated. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bratwurst Potato Skillet for Two
Sort By :
"Next time I will brown the potatoes longer. It came out very tasty."
"This was okay -- the flavor was something different with the soy sauce and orange juice. We liked it all right, but I don't think I'd make it again."
"Yum! Excellent recipe for two people. I used worky sauce instead of the soy, though."
"It is quick and easy. My husband loved it. I will make one change mushrooms instead of the green pepper"
"I ate 1 serving but through the rest away. I did not care for the soy mixture. I have never had a problem with soy in recipes in the past."