Bratwurst Dinner Recipe
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 fresh baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 4 cups water
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in the bratwurst, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and oil; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 3 servings.
1-2/3 cup: 393 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Bratwurst Dinner
"All vegetables were overcooked by the time the sauce was reduced. I would add the vinegar, sugar, and oil mixture with the potatoes and carrots. It also needed pepper and other seasonings."
"This was a nice combination of flavours, but not an exciting dish. The broccoli went soggy."