Bratwurst Dinner Recipe
Sure, summer's the time for grilling brats, but here's another way to serve the savory links. “It's an easy, all-in-one dinner that my husband and I enjoy greatly,“ says Loraine Meyer from Bend, Oregon.
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 fresh baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 4 cups water
- 2 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in the bratwurst, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and oil; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 3 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 393 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC