Brats with Sauerkraut Recipe
- 8 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 brat buns, split
- 1. Place the bratwurst in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, apples, bacon, brown sugar, onion and mustard; spoon over bratwurst.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160°.
- 3. Place brats in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with sauerkraut mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 534 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,188 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Brats with Sauerkraut
"This was my first time trying this recipe and it's good. My husband enjoyed and it's a recipe we can make it again.. The only thing we notice is the sauerkraut was very dark in color after it was done nothing like the pic of recipe showing, why is that?"
"I'm making this today. I'm a little afraid that there's no liquid in it but I'm going with the recipe anyways but I did double up on the sugar cause I like it sweet so I'll let you know.I'm only giving it three stars cause I haven't tried it yet but it's super simple to make."
"We did not like this. Not sure if I did something wrong but none of us liked. Sorry"
"I make this once a week. My family loves it! I use 10 brats, and I add a half of cabbage quartered. Delicious!"
"This was delicious! I followed the recipe except used a jumbo onion and a little more brown sugar. Will make again for sure!"
"Very good. Nice to come home to on a cold snowy day."
"My friend makes this and it's great!!"
"Family loved it! I made this in a slow cooker. It's summer so I substituted 1 cup of apple butter for the apples. Left out mustard & bacon and doubled sugar & onion. This was delicious! A keeper!"
"sorry that should be and only add onions and sugar to the kraut.redhead"
"I do the sauerkraut and weiners and on add onions and sugar to the kraut.redhead"
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I was brought up on brats and sauerkraut so I know it would be delicious. I cannot wait."