Brat Hoagies with Coleslaw Recipe
Served with a side of potato salad and pickles, these sandwiches are a standby on our lunch menu. For a little lighter version you can substitute turkey bratwurst.
- 4 uncooked bratwurst links
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 brat or hoagie buns, split
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices brick cheese, halved
- 1. Place bratwurst and water in a skillet, cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Uncover; turn bratwurst and cook 13-17 minutes longer or until browned and centers are no longer pink. Cut bratwurst in half lengthwise; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook 2 tablespoons butter, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, onion and salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Spread cut sides of rolls with remaining butter; sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Divide cabbage mixture between roll halves. Place on bratwurst half, cut side down, on each half; top with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 739 calories, 50g fat (25g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1537mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Brat Hoagies with Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC