Brat 'n' Tot Bake
"Our town is dubbed the bratwurst capital of America," writes Jodi Gobrecht of Bucyrus, Ohio. "As a volunteer at our annual Bratwurst Festival, I could not have someone in my family who disliked bratwurst, so I developed this cheesy casserole for our son. It's the only way he will eat them."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble bratwurst into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots
- and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 832 calories, 60 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,657 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.