Brat 'n' Tot Bake Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble bratwurst into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 832 calories, 60g fat (28g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Brat 'n' Tot Bake
"The bratwurst adds a nice change of pace to a potato casserole. I use lite sour cream and it was still delicious. I forgot and stirred the sour cream in with the soup mixture, but it was still tasty."
"I would make this with chicken not brats. Not a big fan of brats unless they are grilled. I took a chance using them but should've went with my gut feeling. I used Johnsonville brats. They were so greasy. I didn't the amount of sour cream in the recipe, used less. I put the tater tots on top so the could crisp up. All in all it was ok. I will prolly tweak the recipe to fit our taste."
"Really good! I used 1 cup of sour cream instead of two. I also didn't have tater tots on hand, so I substituted hash browns. This would make a good breakfast dish, too."
"Yummy! I didn't have bratwurst so I used sweet Italian sausage crumbled and cooked with the onions.Next time I will try layering the sour cream and cheese under the tater tots to see if they will crisp up better.Thanks for a delicious easy recipe!"
"Very good for a tater tot recipe. My husband just raved about it! We're not big fans of hot sour cream so I leave it off and just put it on at the end on each serving. Works out really well!"
"Easy recipe. Have tried it twice. Thesecond time I forgot to add sour cream and it still was good. My wife reminde me I may have left it our but also thought it was good."