Brat 'n' Tot Bake Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble bratwurst into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 832 calories, 60g fat (28g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Brat 'n' Tot Bake
"I would make this with chicken not brats. Not a big fan of brats unless they are grilled. I took a chance using them but should've went with my gut feeling. I used Johnsonville brats. They were so greasy. I didn't the amount of sour cream in the recipe, used less. I put the tater tots on top so the could crisp up. All in all it was ok. I will prolly tweak the recipe to fit our taste."
"Really good! I used 1 cup of sour cream instead of two. I also didn't have tater tots on hand, so I substituted hash browns. This would make a good breakfast dish, too."
"Yummy! I didn't have bratwurst so I used sweet Italian sausage crumbled and cooked with the onions.Next time I will try layering the sour cream and cheese under the tater tots to see if they will crisp up better.Thanks for a delicious easy recipe!"
"Very good for a tater tot recipe. My husband just raved about it! We're not big fans of hot sour cream so I leave it off and just put it on at the end on each serving. Works out really well!"
"easy recipe. Have tried it twice. Thesecond time I forgot to add sour cream and it still was good. My wife reminde me I may have left it our but also thought it was good."