"Our town is dubbed the bratwurst capital of America," writes Jodi Gobrecht of Bucyrus, Ohio. "As a volunteer at our annual Bratwurst Festival, I could not have someone in my family who disliked bratwurst, so I developed this cheesy casserole for our son. It's the only way he will eat them."
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble bratwurst into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brat 'N' Tot Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p44
Reviews for Brat 'n' Tot Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review