Brat 'n' Kraut Supper Recipe
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper to taste
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, sauerkraut, wine or broth, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, caraway seeds, bay leaf and pepper. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the bratwurst; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 440 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,088 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Brat 'n' Kraut Supper
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.