Brats and bacon on pizza are a fine beginning, but I jazz them up with apricot preserves and honey mustard. These cheesy bites please my toughest critics. —Colleen Vrooman, Waukesha, WI
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4 maple-flavored bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 fully cooked beer bratwurst links, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white or yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2-in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add bratwurst to same pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and mustard. Spread over crust; top with bratwurst, bacon mixture and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Brat & Bacon Appetizer Pizza in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Brat & Bacon Appetizer Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review