- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour and brandy; keep warm.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment paper-lined or well-greased baking sheet; spread each into a 4-in. circle. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for about 1 minute or just until cookie starts to firm.
- Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a metal cannoli tube to shape. Remove cookies from tubes; cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, orange peel and 1 tablespoon sugar; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. In a small bowl, beat cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into ricotta mixture. Chill until serving.
- Just before serving, pipe filling into cannoli shells. Dip ends in remaining chocolate chips. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Brandy Snap Cannoli
Sort By :
"I was excited to make this recipe because the shells were baked. What a disappointment. I cut the orange peel back to about 1 teaspoon and it was still overpowering. The filling was nothing like Cannoli fillings I have had in the past. :(I enjoyed the shells as I really like molasses but they were again noting like the Cannoli shells I have had in the past. They also did not look anything like the picture posted with this recipe. I did wonder if the picture was from the actual recipe considering the use of molasses in the shells. Molasses color does not appear to be evident in the picture."
"the batter was like taffy. it was a mess!"
"Can't wait to make this recipe! I love that you bake the shell - you don't need a waffle iron or special equipment."