Brandy Snap Cannoli Recipe
This recipe combines two classic recipes…brandy snaps and cannoli. You can assemble and chill them up to an hour before serving. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling YIELD:22 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour and brandy; keep warm.
- 2. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment paper-lined or well-greased baking sheet; spread each into a 4-in. circle. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for about 1 minute or just until cookie starts to firm.
- 3. Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a metal cannoli tube to shape. Remove cookies from tubes; cool on wire racks.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, orange peel and 1 tablespoon sugar; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. In a small bowl, beat cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into ricotta mixture. Chill until serving.
- 5. Just before serving, pipe filling into cannoli shells. Dip ends in remaining chocolate chips. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cannoli equals 230 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC