This recipe combines two classic recipes…brandy snaps and cannoli. You can assemble and chill them up to an hour before serving. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour and brandy; keep warm.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment paper-lined or well-greased baking sheet; spread each into a 4-in. circle. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for about 1 minute or just until cookie starts to firm.
- Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a metal cannoli tube to shape. Remove cookies from tubes; cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, orange peel and 1 tablespoon sugar; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. In a small bowl, beat cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into ricotta mixture. Chill until serving.
- Just before serving, pipe filling into cannoli shells. Dip ends in remaining chocolate chips. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Brandy Snap Cannoli in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p144
Reviews for Brandy Snap Cannoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review