Brandy Slush Recipe
This slush with a hint of citrus keeps you cool on hot summer days. Even if you're no a tea lover, you'll likely find the mix of flavors pleasing.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 individual green or black tea bags
- 9 cups water, divided
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange or lemon slice
- 1. Place tea bags in a small bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil; pour over tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Transfer tea to a large pitcher; stir in the brandy, lemonade concentrate, juice concentrate and remaining water. Pour into a 4-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- 2. For each serving, scoop 3/4 cup slush into a rocks glass. Pour lemon-lime soda into the glass; garnish as desired. Yield: 21 servings (about 4 quarts slush mix).
1 serving equals 129 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC