- for 13-15 minutes or until raisins are plump. Strain, reserving
- liquid. Set raisins aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the pears, lemon juice, reserved raisins and 1/2 teaspoon of
- reserved liquid.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit
- a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even
- with edges. Add pear filling; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely
- with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire
- rack for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 542 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.