Carrots sport a light brandy sauce for a beautiful side with mass appeal. —Tammy Landry, Saucier, Mississippi
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots.
- Cover and cook for 5-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; remove
- carrots and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook butter and honey over medium heat until
- butter is melted. Remove from heat; stir in brandy. Bring to a boil;
- cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Add the carrots,
- parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.