Brandy & Date Cheese Ball Pops Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds, chopped and toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese and brandy until well blended. Stir in dates. Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place almonds and bacon in separate shallow bowls. Roll half of the cheese balls in almonds; roll remaining balls in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Insert lollipop sticks into cheese balls. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cheese pop (calculated without crackers): 137 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Brandy & Date Cheese Ball Pops
"I made this in one large cheese ball--maybe it would have been better in the pops. The amount of butter made it very hard, so it needs to be left out at room temperature for a while in order to slice or cut off pieces. We thought it was OK, but not great. And although we love bacon, we preferred the nuts with this recipe."