Brandy & Date Cheese Ball Pops Recipe
For a fun and different presentation for cheese balls, try my cheese pops. The brandy and dates add a sweetness, while the almonds and bacon add a complementary crunch.—Ginger Kohutek, Weslaco, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds, chopped and toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and finely crumbled
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese and brandy until well blended. Stir in dates. Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place almonds and bacon in separate shallow bowls. Roll half of the cheese balls in almonds; roll remaining balls in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Insert lollipop sticks into cheese balls. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cheese pop (calculated without crackers) equals 137 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC