Brandied Cherry Balls Recipe
These special candies look impressive but are actually quite easy to prepare. The brandy really complements the cherries and chocolate.—homebody2, TOH Online Community
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- White candy coating, chopped
- Pink paste food coloring
- 1. Place cherries in a small bowl. Cover with brandy; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until crumbly. Drain cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons brandy. Add cherries and reserved brandy to cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet.
- 5. For drizzle, melt a small amount of white candy coating in a microwave; stir in food coloring until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Chill until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 candy equals 86 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC