- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- White candy coating, chopped
- Pink paste food coloring
- Place cherries in a small bowl. Cover with brandy; refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until crumbly. Drain cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons brandy. Add cherries and reserved brandy to cream cheese mixture.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet.
- For drizzle, melt a small amount of white candy coating in a microwave; stir in food coloring until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Chill until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brandied Cherry Balls
Sort By :
I loved the flavor but the filling was had to work with I added more powdered sugar and refrigerated the filling for 1 hour before making them into balls. Then I froze the balls and some of them still started melting in the chocolate. Maybe I didn't drain the cherries well enough.
CAN THESE BE REFRIGERATED FOR A MONTH ?????? I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE AHEAD OF TIME AN JUST PULL OUT THE DAY OF AN SERVE THEM.
I will try this again but the alcohol flavor was extremely strong and they were far too gooey
I can never make enough of these for holiday parties!
These are absolutely awesome, but be prepared for the strong brandy taste!