- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- White candy coating, chopped
- Pink paste food coloring
- Place cherries in a small bowl. Cover with brandy; refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until crumbly. Drain cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons brandy. Add cherries and reserved brandy to cream cheese mixture.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet.
- For drizzle, melt a small amount of white candy coating in a microwave; stir in food coloring until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Chill until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brandied Cherry Balls
Sort By :
"I loved the flavor but the filling was had to work with I added more powdered sugar and refrigerated the filling for 1 hour before making them into balls. Then I froze the balls and some of them still started melting in the chocolate. Maybe I didn't drain the cherries well enough."
"CAN THESE BE REFRIGERATED FOR A MONTH ?????? I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE AHEAD OF TIME AN JUST PULL OUT THE DAY OF AN SERVE THEM."
"I will try this again but the alcohol flavor was extremely strong and they were far too gooey"
"I can never make enough of these for holiday parties!"
"These are absolutely awesome, but be prepared for the strong brandy taste!"