Brandied Apricot Tart Recipe
Canned apricots make this golden, buttery tart a wonderful option any time of year. I brush them with preserves and brandy, then sprinkle on almonds for a bit of crunch.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 5 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, drained and halved
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine preserves and brandy; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Brush 2 tablespoons over crust. Arrange half of the apricots over crust and brush with 1/3 cup preserve mixture; repeat. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Brandied Apricot Tart
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC