Brandied Apricot Tart
Canned apricots make this golden, buttery tart a wonderful option any time of year. I brush them with preserves and brandy, then sprinkle on almonds for a bit of crunch.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 5 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, drained and halved
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk. Gradually add milk,
- tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted
- tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and brandy; cook and stir over
- low heat until melted. Brush 2 tablespoons over crust. Arrange half
- of the apricots over crust and brush with 1/3 cup preserve mixture;
- repeat. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a