- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (2%)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, sugar, ground flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for BRANana Bread
Sort By :
"I've made this before using the magazine but on this online recipe not sure what temperature. The bread is delicious and I've misplaced the magazine so i've looked it up online but can't remember what temp was used"
"Good recipe. Nice flavour. Next time I make this I would split it into two loaf pans as it took about 1-1/2 hours to bake."
"This bread was delicious! I used light & fit vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt since thats all I had on hand. My 2 boys loved it! It had just enough sweet flavor, but still tasted healthy. I prefer it over our regular banana bread recipe! Very good!"
"In addition to the strawberry yogurt, I also used Kroger brand oat bran instead of the wheat bran that I couldn't find."
"This bread was yummy! I accidentally bought the strawberry Greek yogurt (Yoplait Greek style), but it made it a little sweeter (though I couldn't really taste the strawberry flavor). I also found the bread was not done after 50 minutes, so I covered it with foil and baked it probably 15 more minutes. I'll probably bake it less next time, but I'm keeping the strawberry yogurt. Enjoyed it!"