BRANana Bread Recipe
Moist and delicious, this nutritious chocolate-chip banana bread is made with bran and flax.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (2%)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, sugar, ground flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- 3. Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC