- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 14 pieces; roll each into a rope. Tie into a knot; pinch ends and tuck under.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Brush with egg white. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 14 rolls.
Originally published as Bran Knot Rolls in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p46
Reviews for Bran Knot Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review