Bran Buns Recipe
I grew up on a ranch with 20 brothers and sisters, so I learned to cook at an early age. After college, I went to work on a farm. My employer's wife shared this recipe with me.
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Place bran in a bowl. Heat 1 cup water to 120°-130°; pour over cereal to soften. Set aside. Place yeast in a bowl. Heat remaining water to 110°-115°; pour over yeast to dissolve. Add 2 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, oil, salt, bran mixture and remaining sugar; mix well. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bran Buns
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC