Braised Turkey Thighs Recipe
- 1 cup each finely chopped onion, celery and carrots
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds turkey thighs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine onion, celery, carrots, ketchup, salt, paprika and pepper. Pat onto turkey thighs. Place 1 tablespoon flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Transfer turkey thighs to oven bag.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine broth, wine or additional broth, oregano and bay leaves. Put into bag; seal. Cut 2 slits into the top of the bag. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 170°-175°.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan; skim fat and discard bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1-3/4 cups.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining flour and water until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove skin and bones from turkey; cut turkey into slices. Serve gravy with turkey. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Braised Turkey Thighs in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Braised Turkey Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2014
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >