Braised Short Ribs Recipe
My husband, who is a rather selective eater, devoured these tender beef ribs in their tangy herb sauce. It's a special main dish for two.—Maureen DeGarmo, Martinez, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:2 servings
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 boneless beef short ribs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine water, 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Place ribs in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Set aside half of marinade. Pour remaining marinade over ribs; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- 2. Drain, discarding marinade. In a skillet, brown the ribs in remaining oil. Transfer ribs to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and reserved marinade; pour over ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC