Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 boneless beef short ribs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a small bowl, combine water, 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Place ribs in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Set aside half of marinade. Pour remaining marinade over ribs; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain, discarding marinade. In a skillet, brown the ribs in remaining oil. Transfer ribs to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and reserved marinade; pour over ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Braised Short Ribs(3)
Sort By :
These were just so so but the Pecan Green Beans were wonderful.
My experience was exactly the opposite of ggleon's. When I checked the boneless short ribs after the 1.5 hours, the meat was nice and tender. However, we didn't care for the sauce. I added some marsala wine to counter the tang from the mustard and vinegar. I wouldn't make it again.
I tried this for dinner as I am always looking for a different way to make short ribs for my husband. Very nice recipe but needs a bit of tweeking.
As is, the flavor was very good but the meat was a bit tough. I'd definitely cook longer next time, maybe 2 to 2.5 hrs. Seasonings very actually good, though I would reduce the amount of rosemary to 2 tsp (I over did it a bit and put in the same amount for all the herbs) and add garlic! :) maybe some chopped onions and add a bit of red wine. Otherwise, good and easy! Enjoy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >