Braised Rabbit Recipe
- 1 dressed rabbit (2-1/2 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook rabbit in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
- Return rabbit to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat is tender and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove rabbit to a serving platter. Discard bay leaf. Combine the flour, lemon juice and water until smooth; stir into pan juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rabbit. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Braised Rabbit(3)
Sort By :
I joined just to write a review of this recipe. I have 4 girls (ages 9, 7, 4, 2) and this is the ONLY meal that they ALL eat. They actually lick the bones clean and there are never any leftovers. Sounds crazy, but it's true. Very good recipe.
First time I've eaten rabbit in a lot of years. I'm so glad I found this recipe. This was very good.
A definite repeat for this house