Braised Pork with Red Chili Sauce Recipe
"I got this recipe from my mom," Kara de la Vega of Suisun City, California notes. "It's really good with rice and a green salad...or scooped into tortillas."
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Stir in the pork, water, tomato paste, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir in the cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 414 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC