Braised Pork with Red Chili Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the pork, water, tomato paste, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir in the cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Braised Pork with Red Chili Sauce(2)
Sort By :
This was awesome. A very nice change from all the other pork recipes. I used pork stir-fry meat and increased it to 1-lb. I kept the spices the same amount, increased the water to a cup, 3 tbsp. tomato paste, skipped the sugar, and increased the salt to taste, about 1/2 cup whipping cream. I had it with rice so wanted more sauce. Husband loved it, wants it in the regular rotation, and the kids ate it too. Will make it again.
The description mentions rice. Don't see it in the recipe.