- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine the sage, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter and oil. Remove.
- Add 1/2 cup wine or juice to the skillet; bring to a boil. Return chops to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear, basting occasionally. Remove chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the remaining wine or juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil, loosening any browned bits from the pan. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour over pork chops; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Braised Pork Loin Chops
"Made this for dinner tonight. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again."
"My whole family enjoyed these. Pork chops are not my favorite but I actually look forward to them when fixed like this."
"The flavor was wonderful, but the meat turned out VERY dry. This was a very short braising time, which I think was the problem. Maybe a fattier meat next time, and a longer time cooking."
"I did not have the time to do the braising and instead just used the rub without the salt. They were still delicious!"
"Just made this for dinner tonight. It was fantastic and easy to make. I used savory instead of sage. Will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"Delicious, but too salty four our taste. Next time, I'll half or eliminate the salt."
"A family favorite! They're quick and easy, and great when I need a last-minute meal."
"These were very simple and fast. I used chicken broth for the sauce instead of wine or apple juice and made a great sauce for the pork and mashed potatoes. Kids loved it and will definitely be making these again."
"These were absolutely wonderful!! My whole family loved it!! We had it with salad and green been casserole and it was very quiet at the dinner table! :)"
"I cooked this for dinner tonight and everyone LOVED it!!"