Braised Pork Chops Recipe
Simple seasonings in this recipe let the wonderful natural flavor of pork chops really shine through. With homemade bread and a salad, this makes a delightful meal.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chops; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil for about 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove chops and set aside. Cook onion, celery and garlic in drippings until tender.
- 3. Return chops to the skillet; add broth, thyme and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Remove bay leaf.
- 4. Transfer chops to a serving plate. With a slotted spoon, remove celery and onion; spoon over chops. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC