Braised Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chops; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil for about 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove chops and set aside. Cook onion, celery and garlic in drippings until tender.
- 3. Return chops to the skillet; add broth, thyme and bay leaf. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Remove bay leaf.
- 4. Transfer chops to a serving plate. With a slotted spoon, remove celery and onion; spoon over chops. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Braised Pork Chops
"My new favorite pork chop recipe, my family devours them every single time, never any leftovers!"
"I just made these for Husband and myself......they were delicious! I used med-thin pork chops. Followed recipe except I added chopped mushrooms and I made my broth from beef bullion cubes because I didn't have canned broth. It turned out amazing.....the chops almost melted in your mouth they were that tender! It made plenty of gravy to serve with the mashed potatoes and corn I served with it. Will deffinently make this again!"
"We have made this twice and both times it smelled amazing while cooking, but ended up a little disappointing. I think it's important to use thin cut pork chops in this recipe. We always buy thick cut and so were left with soggy pork chops, overdone veggies and no extra liquid for gravy. Like I said before though I think the results would have been very different if the pork chops were thinner as they would have cooked faster and absorbed less liquid."
"This is my kind of recipe - simply good! I didn't have celery, so I used a green pepper. With corn on the cob and garlic potatoes, this was a terrific meal!"
"Awesome! Favorite was to make pork chops."
"Super moist chops and the kitchen smelled homemade! Super easy, wouldn't change a thing. Made them with chunky garlic mashed potatoes. Added a teaspoon of cornstarch to make a fabulous gravy."