Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe
- 2 lamb shanks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, brown lamb in oil; remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bouillon and water; stir to dissolve.
- 2. Return lamb to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 599 calories, 34g fat (10g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 1568mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 6g fiber), 47g protein
Reviews for Braised Lamb Shanks
"This was soooooo good and sooooo easy!"
"This recipe came out amazing. Melts in your mouth:) Very delicious flavor:)"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.